On a normal day, posts like this one would go into my tumblr blog. But today, I thought of changing that habit. Since no one reads this blog that much nor do I have a sizeable amount of followers to react violently to this post (I hope, LOL) I’m gonna post it here!
Also, when I’m blogging on tumblr, it seems like a short post always, always ends up being 5x longer than I intend it to be. So I hope blogging~ this in a different platform would shorten it, IDK.
Text-heavy post, just saying! 😛
- My “morning” routine these days consist of checking my phone the moment I wake up. I say “morning” because I am back to oversleeping, hard to break the bad habit! Ugh. Followed by 30 minutes-1 hour of checking social media and some “news” c/o my Facebook feed. Is that sad? I could be checking CNN, ANC, BBC, etc. but I resort to Facebook. But the “good thing” about my Facebook feed these days is it’s full of Humans of New York posts, instead of the usual nonsense posts from our good friends. 😆 I find it funny that Facebook seems to have auto-filtered my timeline to only show posts and liked posts by friends from the Humans of New York page. At the same time, you don’t know me Facebook so don’t act like you do.
- TV’s been a good source of entertainment lately, and for the past few weeks as well. Saturday nights are best to watch TV because of this local movie channel that shows independent movies every 7PM-onwards. And if I’m lucky I might catch an interesting old movie after that (like a movie from the 90s or something from a diff era like the 70s-80s). Last night was a good combination because they showed 100 (Cinemalaya 2008 film entry, starring Mylene Dizon) and a Japayuki documentary film about a Filipina who worked in Japan in the 90s and was brutally murdered and got shipped back in a box as a corpse later. Yeah it doesn’t sound that much of a good combination, that’s just me.. I like movies of that genre, haha. OH and the part I like most in watching these old movies is that you see the now veteran actors such as Joel Torre in their younger years, and it’s just so surprising to see them that young and in their teenhood. Lol.
- Speaking of TV, earlier I watched a very popular noontime entertainment show here and while I can’t help but get irritated momentarily every 15 minutes either from someone doing their spiels ineffectively, or a bad/tacky performance, I thought of a scenario: What if noontime shows were taken off of TV, and it didn’t existed in the first place? I bet nearly all the staff working in the background and half of the artists/celebs in the show would be out of jobs. Sometimes I think shows like this is very unnecessary. What is the purpose of it in the first place? To entertain, sure, yes, but can’t we have a quality show for a change? The teleseryes aren’t cutting it anymore. Much of it are overused, recycled again and again. There’s no original concept. If there was one, it gets shelved automatically because it’s not “masa” enough. They have the budget and enough creative minds in the team to go outside the box, but the problem, IMO, is they’re being held back from creating a show that’s way way different from the usual. It also doesn’t have to be teleseryes and series all the time. There are other types of shows, too. Or maybe Filipinos are just fixated in a kind of show that it always has to have a moral lesson or values in the end, regardless if it’s good or bad. Your thoughts? (Okay I am getting out of hand and carelessly typed.. I needed to stop hahaha)
- I should be working right now, yes on a Sunday, I have no sense of time! 😛 But yeah, obviously at the moment I am not and here I am pouring my disorganized thoughts in a blog post. Sometime this week I made a wireframe of my plan for my next portfolio’s layout. Like the last time, I’m aiming for a simple, direct approach look. I see there are these new useful trends in how a website should look like but I don’t find them necessary to be implemented in a website. Well, to make it responsive is one important thing, but the others.. I think they’re just added ornaments, but ultimately the website can do without. I hope I can find the time to actually push through with this design, as I’ve already started with the printed collaterals for it. Within the year is my target. 😀
- My friends and I planned a trip 2 months ago, and it’s happening in less than 2 weeks! I remember we didn’t opt for any check-in luggages so I have to learn how to pack light this time. The other time we went out of town, in Cebu, I had a luggage and it was such an inconvenience in the trip because we had to transfer to different transportations throughout the trip. I was not informed! Lol. Only bring clothes that you need and will use. Leave no room for extras/options unless you’ll be traveling in comfort. We’ll see if I’ll be able to fit essentials, and just essentials in a small duffel bag for a 4-day trip. Good luck to me. I hope the weather cooperates, it’s been raining a lot lately!
Okay, that’s about it for now. What do you know, it ended up as a longer post.. again. I guess I’m just talkative for my own good.
Lol, no. Not even close in real life. I’m the opposite of talkative in real life.