Alright, I’m finally on my term break! Tomorrow is course card distribution day and I am pretty optimistic for my grades since I already got a high grade for my Flash Animation class o/. I’m good in 2 of my classes, but not so confident in the other two.. I really wish I would make it to the dean’s list this time.. actually this is like my last chance because my subjs in my final term are pretty hard and confusing. Also, the profs are pretty strict and give out low grades during the finals.
Fine, I’ll be thankful that I at least made it to the list thrice (just not consistent, boo). You were already contented with that before, stop asking for more, self!
Term break = I have all the time in the world now to procrastinate and just burn time away, yeah?
NOT. ABSOLUTELY NO. NEVER. NO. NEVAH~
I have summer classes which starts this Thursday (just a day after the 2nd day of course card distribution day) and it will last for about two weeks and a day (is there sucha thing? lol). I had no choice but to take it this summer because I have another minor that I enrolled to in my final term of college schedule. But you know what? It’s okay, it’s two weeks of business math and after that, I don’t have to deal with numbers and business math for the rest of my life.
Not entirely true, tho. I have Business Ethics II in my final term. Business Math, from what I heard, is a pre-req to this subject. So yeah, I have to take it somehow before I take BEII, too.
ALSO, I WATCHED SWITCHFOOT LAST SATURDAY! It was the perfect~ show to close this term. For others, t’was the after party of the exhibit they had a few weeks ago (see previous post) but I’m not included in the exhibitors and parties aren’t my thing.. plus I wasn’t aware of that event, too.
So, what better way to end this stressful (I keep saying this word) than watch one of the bands you unintentionally missed the last time they went here? SWITCHFOOT. FUCKK YEAAAAAAH!
They were awesome live!! I seriously was not expecting that kind of energy.. I watched a couple of videos on YouTube and noticed it was sort of a carbon copy performance (?) but I didn’t seem to mind it/was not bothered by it much. I had fun, they’re entertaining and such spirited performers and they love us!! 😊
They have most of the songs I wanted to hear in their set list. I also loved the interaction Jon does with their audience the most.. and the “Kodak moment” seemed unique to me. 😉 Listening to their studio albums right now, I felt that it sounds weak, way weak, than the quality I head last night. Last night was INTENSE, I tell ya. 😛
Here are a couple of photos! (Shot with a Leica V Lux 20. Don’t freak out, it may be a well-known brand, expensive (sure) but it doesn’t take quality photos (quite disappointed, tbh)).
I didn’t notice that this is my 2nd concert of an intl. band to go to this year. First was STP (mucho grateful for @DigRadioPH for them free swag) and then Switchfoot and I will go to the Incubus AND 30 Seconds to Mars concert this July, too! 😀 It’s going to be a busy, busy year for me.
Behind the cut is a pretty lengthy “summarized” post of how the past term went for me.
- For the first time, I experienced staying up for 24 hours and not sleeping just to finish a thesis I have crammed for MONTHS.
- I went to school feeling and looking like a zombie (probably) to other people. I felt like my presentation was shitty because panelists kept asking questions and I feel like I didn’t please them with my answers.
- I realized that anger triggered from having no sleep isn’t as worse as anger triggered when you’re hungry. I didn’t flip out as easily that day of my thesis presentation. But I remember flipping out easily when people ask me questions and I have no patience to answer all of them so I.. give them sarcastic answers. Sorry bro.
- This chapter, thesis chapter as I like to call it, has been the most stressful that I have been through in my life yet. God, I’m so glad I’m finally over that.
- I care for my grade because I still want to be a DL. Can’t we compromise on something, miss?
- I actually dumped all my thesis files in one DVD and put it somewhere for safekeeping. Hopefully I don’t have to cross paths with it again, ever.
- I am quite surprised that I got the highest grade in Flash Animation class considering that at the beginning of the term I had 0% knowledge on the program. Infairness, without that project, I might’ve gotten a lower grade in my thesis bec I needed Flash animation on it for the sake of interactivity.
- I found a growing love for typography because of this class I took. Sometimes I find myself ranting and noticing typefaces in designs now and unconsciously criticizing it (bad, bad!!).
- And everything I design now is loosely typography based.
- For a busy term, I sure had some excellent skills in slipping in a few “fun times” in between days where I should’ve stayed home and did my homework.