As you can see I have left my blog untouched for a few months again, but I shall make a post at least before the year ends.
I usually have a best-of compilation post at the end of the year (I may have done it twice or thrice in the past years?), but this year I would just leave a short post here. Last Sunday of the month and year. Last post of the year.
How to start it off… 2013 was a great year!
Meh. Too cliche.
But it really was a great year. It was like part two of my 2012, which was full of meeting new people (ok, a wide variety of local and foreign artists, musicians and celebrities), and then I also got to go to some shows (compared to last year, I kinda slowed down w/ the constant concert-hopping this year). I would make a short list here..? But I will probably forget a few. My suggestion is if you are that curious, you’re better off backreading this blog. There are not much entries anyway! LOL, ok here’s a top
- January: Starting the year off by watching Dia Frampton of Meg & Dia’s first show in Manila, and meeting her.. everything I did paid off very well in the end, haha!
- February: Paying it forward by helping fans of Patrick J. Adams meet him when he and Troian Bellisario of PLL fame were in the Philippines (met them too!)
- March: Bought the successor to my ancient iPhone w/ my own money (LOL yes this is an achievement for me ok)
- May: First ever out of town trip w/ my college buddies to Cebu, Philippines (very short trip but really worth it!)
- August: Got to watch Linkin Park after 9 years. Thank you Shereen, again.
- November: Getting the opportunity to work with a known personality for a website-related job.
As far as my freelancing job goes, I got a few gigs here and there and I am very thankful for the opportunity! I’m still nowhere compared to most of my peers but hey, who’s counting and comparing career directions, right? I chose this, so I shouldn’t be complaining. I’m working in my own pace, and in what I can only maintain so that’s good.
Does experiencing new things (nothing dirty, HAHA) count as a highlight for this year, too? I’ve had plenty of it, both good and bad.. though I just feel like laughing for the bad parts. Still, I wouldn’t take back any of it.. because all of it led to where I am now (LOL. SUCH DRAMA.).
2014 looks like a pretty combination of numbers, and I’m looking forward to what it has in store for me.
If you’re still sticking around despite my inactivity here, THANK YOU and sorry for the lack of updates. I’m very much active in other social media channels though, please feel free to follow me over there to keep in touch. 😛
I think we’ve covered up everything here.. hahaha. Hope everyone had a blast during Christmastime!!
Here’s to an equally happy and eventful New Year’s Eve/Day to all — CHEERS!
Keep your fingers and everything else intact, ok? Paalala lang sa mga mahilig magpaputok tuwing Bagong Taon! Haha!
Now excuse me, I’m going back to worrying how to secure my tickets for my next agenda in January 2014: MEETING MEG AND DIA FRAMPTON BEFORE OR AFTER THEIR SHOW HERE. Yes they are coming here!! Dia’s second time, but this would be Meg’s first time in the Philippines. Their Filipino guitarist, Carlo Gimenez is coming in as well.. I’m so excited about this but worried at the same time because I haven’t bought tickets yet!! 🙁
However, I have made sure that I have something for them to sign if ever I get to met them (I HOPE I DO OR ELSE THE CD I BOUGHT JUST FOR THIS IS GOING TO WASTE HUHU). I hope it all works out perfectly for me. 🙁