It’s been quite long since I made some purchases online. Most of the time, I met up with the sellers around school (cause they’re also my friends as well, haha) so I get the item within 24 hours after our agreement. I miss the feeling of receiving packages in my doorstep and the excitement (yeah, even though I already know what it is but you get what I mean) of opening the package and see the product that I bought online in personal for the first time.
However, last week, I needed to buy something but I was under a tight budget, also I didn’t want to buy something that’s so inexpensive to begin with but “by default” people sell it at a higher price (really, is it that bad that you’re pricing your items that expensive just so you can have all the money?).. lo and behold, I went to eBay and looked for listings for the items I needed to buy.
I was looking for a new card reader and an inexpensive SDHC memory card (both for my DSLR, hee). I scored a good deal at this card reader for SD/SDHC (and micro SDs, sony memory sticks, etc – it can be used on different card storage media) for less than a dollar, though the shipping was high, I didn’t mind. I knew I wasn’t going to find that thing anywhere else that has a price tag like that so I bought it. Then for the memory card, it took a while to have everything finalized and paid for but I got it anyway. I misplaced my 2GB SDHC so I really had to buy a new extra card. 😉 I still hope to find that card someday.
Mm yes, you’d think why I spent possibly 2x or thrice the amount for those two, they’re so tiny, etc etc. Well, part of my reason is I also want to build my eBay feedback. I now have 5 (around 7 actually but the more than a year old feedbacks don’t count).
Well, I’m glad I bought these. I do use it more often that I should and the card reader is really, REALLY handy! I can bring it anywhere. For pete’s sake it’s smaller than my USB drives!
If you want to try shopping at eBay, here are some things you need to remember:
- Always, always check their feedback first before even deciding that you will look at their whole page listing. eBay has this new system wherein if you give a seller a “4 star rating” it will deeply affect their overall status at the site.
- Try to look at other listings for the item you are looking for. Some people sell it cheaper than the other seller.
- If you’re coming from eBay.com (not .PH — for Philippine customers) check their shipping policies. Most likely it will be expensive so you better be aware of that. Well, if you really want to purchase from eBay intl, try a cargo company like Johnny Air to take care of the shipping stuff. 😀
- Be polite when you talk with the seller after you’ve won (payment/shipping details, question about the product, etc.), there may be times when your conversation gets annoying but in the end if you don’t do well your feedback will suffer and you might even get banned.
- Yep, feedback is the basis of every eBayer out there. Ship the items in time, pay as soon as possible, make sure you have the funds when you click that “Buy Now” or “Bid” button. In short: BE A RESPONSIBLE BUYER (or seller).
I would like to start selling some of the stuff I don’t use at eBay, actually I’ve tried lots of times.. but the fact that I don’t have a CC is stopping me from doing so. 😞 So yeah, for now I’ll just keep on buying and buying.. given that I have enough funds of course. 😉