Another year is going to end and another one is about to start hours away.. let’s wrap 2008 and look forward to 2009! I admit I’m being a pessimist because I don’t expect my year, or least the start of my classes next week to go well. Oh well.. READ THE REST OF THE ENTRY!
Here we go another back to the past kind of post.. and reflecting def comes along with it. What did I do on this year that made an impact in me? Did I change, for the better or for the worse? OR simply.. nothing? Still ‘as is’, or maybe ‘stuck in reverse’? (sorry I’m listening to Coldplay’s song while writing this entry) I’d say I’m finally “learning”. 😛 You’ll find out when you read my “list”. 😉
Randomly picking out thoughts in my head.. 2009 means..
- The year before my ‘expected’ graduation year, 2010.
- The year that I finally leave the teen-years behind. The dreadful 2-0. =))
- JUNIOR YEAR
- Harder subjects, demanding profs
I decided to make a highlights of the year kind of list instead of a month-by-month highlight that I did last year.. 2008 seems to just went by me SO fast that I barely noticed the months, I still can’t fully grasp that it’s already December. All I know is (while school was still on going) weeks came by fast and it felt like I only slept for 5 days and before you know it, the clock turns to another day, another month for us to enjoy. 😛
*drum roll* So from what I can remember.. in 2008.. I….
- Found out Incubus is going back to Manila last January from a friend
- Met Incubus in March :X and I watched the concert as well and I was nearer to the stage compared to when I saw them in 2003.
- The Incubus ‘experience’.. starting from the posters and tshirts.
- Dropped my Algebra subject (first time that I ever dropped a subject in my life) because of health conditions
- Got caught in the Twilight fever (actually, it wasn’t a “fever” when I got into it.. the ‘coven’ was just starting out). I read all the books in a reasonable time, except for the last one.
- I got a low grade for a subject that ruined my chances to be a Dean’s Lister.. I got really crushed by that.
- Learned how to drive.
- Wordcamp Philippines held at my school, met Matt Mullenweg.
- Watched Lifehouse’s concert here in Manila
- Got addicted to Chris Brown’s song “With You” =))
- Went to Pupil’s gig in Il Ponticello, which btw was my first and last local gig for the year (intl concerts doesn’t count)
- Eraserheads reunion concert
- My 19th birthday celebrated 2x: Get together with my HS classmates at my house and a YC treat with my College friends
- Went to a LOT of debuts
- Realized that the 2nd half of 2008 was the time that I was REALLY BUSY IN MY LIFE. So much plates to do, so much demands from picky profs, etc.
- 2008 was the year that I had the best schedule in college.
- Started a Photoblog in November
- Desperately wanted to pass Free Hand subject.. I worked really hard..
- Passed ALL my subjects for the term.. OMG YAY!
Okay that’s all for now. :D/ Sorry if I forgot some.. my memory, needs to be, upgraded. =))
But seriously, if I may have forgotten some events.. remind me.
I’d like to thank everyone who sticked up with me thoughout the year. Thanks! You made my year worth it! To the site visitors, thank you for making me happy with the comments. Indeed, comments ARE love! 🙂
GOODLUCK TO EVERYONE ON 2009 AND MAY YOU HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR! :yay: :)>-